PPI regularly hires employees on a casual basis for project work.
We most commonly employ the following classifications:
- Trades Assistants
Prior to hiring new employees, the following steps are normally required:
- Employees submit an application form and pre-employment health questionnaire
- Selected applicants are invited to attend an interview.
- PPI performs reference checks based on referees provided in the application.
- At the interview (approximately 45 minutes duration), employees are provided with information about the position, including conditions and rates of pay. Employees are asked to provide additional information regarding previous work history and knowledge of work skills, WHS and general knowledge of heavy industrial work.
- Selected applicants are required to attend a medical examination and drug/alcohol test.
- Successful applicants are offered a position and required to agree to a contract of employment.
- New employees commence work with WHS training and site induction.
The above process takes a minimum of 2 weeks from the time applicants are invited to attend an interview. Depending on project requirements, job applications may be kept on file for up to 2 years.