|Location :||Bayswater Power Station|
|Type :||Steam Turbine and Generator|
|Scope :||Major Overhaul and Minor Overhauls|
Bayswater Power Station, located between Singleton and Muswellbrook in the NSW Hunter Valley, has 4 X 660MW Units. PPI and KPS peformed all overhaul and maintenance works on these units for period of 14 years from 1999. This contract was the first time a major utility had awarded a contract for turbine-generator works to a non-OEM.
During this period we have performed numerous overhauls, including:
- Disassembly, repair and reassembly of HP, IP and LP cylinders.
- Mechanical governor disassembly and repair.
- Generator inspections and rotor removals.
- Steam Feed Pump turbine and pump overhauls.
- Generator stator winding leak diagnosis and repair.
- On-site overhaul of main stop valves, throttle valves and combined reheat valves.
- Overhaul of main valve hydraulic actuators and associated control mechanism.
For this project, PPI worked with our partner KPS to provide the site labour force and technical oversight of the project.